I’m a huge over-packer. Not just when it comes to clothes, but also everything else. I bring too many of the things I need and a tonne of things that I don’t need. However, I am slowly improving. This time I think I managed to keep the contents of my carry-on at least pretty concise. So here is what I brought with me for my flights to Paris.
First of all, this is the bag that I brought. It is a 33 years old Fjellreven Kånken, and the love of my life. It is super sturdy and good to carry, and it holds everything that I need. And this in this case, what it held was this:
1. Colouring book – I’ve been super into colouring lately, and it is such a great way to pass time. I figured it would be good both for the plane rides and also for our layover.
2. + 3. Books – I brought two books with me on the entire trip, and as I had room I figured I could just as well put them in my carry-on. I brought one fiction- and one non-fiction book, so that I’d have options for whatever mood I was in. The two I brought were Beautiful Stranger and Freakonomics.
4. Pencil case – I suppose coloured pencils are self-explanatory when I brought a colouring book. However, there were also a few pens, a pencil and a pencil sharpened in there.
5. Sunglasses – bc im too cool to be without. No, but Paris is going to be sunny when we get there, and that way I have them with me no matter what.
6. Travel journal – Not really for the flight, but more because I couldn’t be bothered to keep it in my suitcase. I’m gonna try to write about each day and what we did, so that I can look back and actually remember the trip.
7. Deck of cards – In case of boredom. Also, it is great for flights because you can fit a card game on those little plane tables.
8. Bullet journal – I didn’t bring this to make to do lists while abroad, but rather just to have somewhere physical to jot stuff down if necessary. I like to have that option.
I like to keep a little pouch in my bag for smaller things so that they aren’t floating around all over. In this I kept my chargers (for my phone and my camera), memory cards, liptick and some earbuds for the flight.
I also ended up packing quite a few more things, like my laptop (with the charger), my camera, extra socks, my wallet and headphones. Those little things that you need to set a reminder on your phone for, the morning of the flight.